Hello New Friends,
After spending my first two months at Matr Boomie getting my feet wet, I can safely say I now feel at home! I was friends with some of you before I joined the MB marketing team and a fan of other’s work. I look forward getting to know ALL of you over the coming months – hopefully in person!
The challenges that the Fair Trade retail community face are not new to me. My former ethical fashion mentor, Kirsten Dickerson, and I had numerous conversations on how to best grow her brand, Raven + Lily. Do you lead with a mission or do you lead with design? We agreed that is vital that everyone understand the conditions that their clothes and goods were made under. But I further questioned, Would those items be purchased in the first place if the design wasn’t good? I encouraged Kirsten to lead with design and follow with a mission; give customers a great product that also has a beautiful story to tell.
Tomorrow, May 13th we celebrate World Fair Trade Day with the mandate: Be an Agent for Change. As more conventional brands like West Elm, Anthropologie, and Target begin to adopt fair trade ideals, many retailers like yourself have been feeling the pinch of slowed business growth. So I challenged my team, How can we Be an Agent for Change for our Retailers? After much discussion, we realized that our best contribution to you and our artisan partners is increased brand awareness and shared marketing efforts. I think you’ll be excited with what we came up with!
- We recently debuted our Ethical Kiosk Program to help you better tell the story behind our products. This beautifully designed stand-alone kiosk with integrated video has been shown to increase sales by over 260%. No joke!
- You might have noticed some changes to our email newsletters. We are improving the content of our Newsletter program and anything you read is yours to share with your audience.
- We will be launching a new social media campaign next month on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest. Our marketing efforts benefit more than just us; they are designed for your usage as well. You don’t need our permission to repost but we love it when you tag us!
- Manish & Ruchi are in India right now visiting family and artisans. They will be bringing back some amazing supplies for in-store event kits. In a few months, we will be offering ETHICAL EVENTS IN A BOX. This is a fun and creative way for you to engage with your customers without a lot of work!
- We’re re-designing an amazing navigation map so that MB fans can easily find you to shop in person.
I office with some of the best marketing pros in the business – Andrés, Joelle, and Cassie are true Fair Trade heroes. Need some help with economical events, better email open rates, or improving your Instagram engagement? Email us any questions at email@example.com. If the problem is more complex than an email response, we will set up a call to help you find an elegant solution. The MB Marketing Team is at your service!
In the coming weeks, you will notice a small change to the entry of our website. Don’t worry, we’re just signing up new friends! All the same beautiful, Fair Trade gifts will be waiting for you on the other side.
Thank you for being an Agent for Change on behalf of those marginalized by poverty, climate change, and economic crises around the world. We stand alongside you working to make a difference in the lives of our artisan partners living in India. And if we are also able to help make a difference in your life, all the better.
Happy World Fair Trade Day!